Pipe Bands Victoria hosted a concert in the spectacular grounds of Government House, Melbourne on 19th November 2021 at the kind invitation of The Governor of Victoria, The Honourable Linda Dessau AC and Mr Anthony Howard AM QC.
Pipe Bands Victoria extends grateful thanks to the Governor and Mr Howard for their welcome and this amazing performance opportunity. We also thank our Chieftain, The Honourable Ted Baillieu AO and Mrs Robyn Baillieu for their attendance on the evening.
The concert was one of the first public events held post lockdown and it was wonderful to hear pipe band music in the city again.
Many thanks to Mr James Easdon, Piping Panel and Mr Stephen Matthews, Drumming Panel, for their advice on the musical program and to all the bands – 135 Victorian pipers and drummers – who participated on the evening;
- City of Melbourne Highland Pipe Band
- Haileybury Pipes and Drums
- Scotch College Pipes and Drums
- Presbyterian Ladies College Pipes and Drums
- Hawthorn Pipe Band
- 5th / 6th Royal Victoria Regiment Pipes and Drums
- Mr Chris Sinclair, Victoria Police Pipe Band.