A series of Pipe Bands Australia online live-time workshops will be conducted by the College principals over the next five months.
With the level restrictions in place to combat coronavirus in Australia, National Management Committee and College Principals reviewed delivery of co-ordinated workshops in each branch that had been planned for 2020.
Each 40-minute online workshop presented by the Principals will include a brief Q&A session and further responses to questions following the session. The workshops will also be recorded for storage in Pipe Bands Australia’s online education and training resource section of the website.
The workshops and topics are:
· Thursday 16 April 8pm (EST) – Piping: March playing
· Saturday 23 May 11am (EST) – Drumming: The importance of timing consistency and ways to achieve it
· Thursday 18 June 8pm (EST) – Piping: Strathspey and Reel playing
· Saturday 18 July 11am (EST) – Drumming: Discussion on which rudiments to introduce and when to introduce them
· Thursday 20 August 8pm (EST) – Ensemble
Registrations can be made by email email@example.com and access details for the workshops will be advised in the week prior to each workshop.